my playlist


Thursday, October 4, 2007

UUUUUUGGG!

It all started yesterday. My Internet decided to not work anymore so I haven't had much access to the comp. So basically it will be awhile until my next post. So anyway I found a very temporary way to keep on. So today I got a lot more school done. I went to parkday with some friends and sk8ed. I also thought of an idea that would be fun to have on my blog! Tell my what you think about it and actually tell me what you think. I thought it would be fun to put on a parable from the Bible or from ones that I have written. Then you can email me or comment and tell me what you think the parable was describing and who the characters represented. here goes
There once was a man who was the most popular person in town. One day he decided to make a journey through the woods to go and get a gift a friend was giving him for accepting him and keeping an open relationship with him. So he headed out and started his way. All at first it was a blast and easy. But then after awhile it started to get alittle harder and harder. Eventually he got to a spot on the path that was covered in thorns all over. He thought to himself "I am strong and I can get through this easily.". So he decided to go and push his way through. What he didn't see was that the patch of thorns wasn't just a patch but a HUGE field of them! Still confidant he kept trucking on. After a little while he decided to rest. At first when he sat down the thorns tore at his flesh and he bleed all over. But he soon got used to it and didn't care much about it. After a while resting, he thought to himself, "why do I keep going for the gift that my friend so kindly gives? Why don't I just stay here awhile? Its not too bad.". Time past so fast that he didn't even notice that the thorns were growing more thick all over him. Soon he couldn't get out. He couldn't move or anything. Just imagine being bound by thorns all over. Not fun. But anyway back to the story. He worked and worked at the thorns but they just wouldn't move. Soon he just gave up and sunk into the patch thorns. After a long time of waiting, His friend appeared and asked why he was just laying there. He asked why he didn't keep going and why he just gave up. His friend then gave him a pair of clippers and helped him get untangled from the thorns. After a long time of chopping and hard effort, the man was free and he and his friend went on to the man's house to receive the gift promised to him by his friend.
Leave comments about what you think about it. Well I unfortunately have to go to bed:(

2 comments:

Tony and Lisa said...

I love the parable.

I also love the "thing of beauty" (you - not the hat!)

lol.

-dad

Liz said...

nice parable -- and a great idea of writing some of your own! Here's what I think:

I think that the friend is Jesus Christ -- He offers a gift to all of us, the gift of salvation.

The "most popular man in town" is an everyday person who wants to accept Christ's free gift of salvation.

The thorns represent sin. The longer you're in it, the easier it is to be complacent about it and not realize how serious it really is!

However...it has a few snags -- we don't have to work to be saved, right? So maybe I misunderstood part of the parable. And what do the clippers represent? I'm lost... :)